You manage authors from the Administration | Manage Authors menu. Note that the Administration menu is only available to users that have been defined as Administrators.
The General tabbed page (under Edit Author) allows you to record basic contact information for an Author. This information may be defaulted if authors are imported from an external system. the following fields are available (these are all 'free text'):
- Password / Confirm password: Used to set an author's password if 'standard' authorization is used. If SSO/Windows login is used then these fields are not available (they are grayed out)
- First Name
- Middle initial
- Last Name
- Work Phone
- Mobile Phone
- Job Title
In UPK 18.104.22.168 and earlier, this page is only visible if the Library uses Standard Authorization, and then only contains the Password / Confirm password fields. In UPK 22.214.171.124 (UPK 12 ESP 2) and above, this page is always available (regardless of the authorization method).
Where is this information used?
- The full user name (First Name + Middle Initial + Last Name) is shown alongside the User ID in drop-down lists (for example, to select an Owner) - although it is not shown in the actual field
- The full user name (First Name + Middle Initial + Last Name) is shown alongside the User ID in the Owner and Checked out by columns (but strangely not the Last changed by column, which shows only the User ID) in Library Views.
- The full user name (First Name + Middle Initial + Last Name) is shown alongside the User ID in the User and Owner columns in the Document History.
- All names/User IDs shown in View columns or pop-up dialog boxes are hyperlinks. Clicking on this displays a pop-up showing the user's contact details.