Each document in the Library (in a client/server installation) has a Document History associated with it. The Document History lists all of the versions of the document that have been created. A new version is created each time the document is checked in to the server. Deleting a document and Restoring a deleted document will also create a version in the Document History.
The first check-in of a document is Version 1. Subsequent versions are 2, 3, 4, and so on in sequence (and using whole numbers only - there is no 'minor change' subversion).
The Document History shows:
- The Version Number
- The Userid of the person who made the change (from UPK 184.108.40.206 this is a hyperlink to the Author Details)
- The date and time at which the version was created (this is when the document was checked in)
- The check-in comments for the version
- The Owner of the document when it was checked in (only available in UPK 220.127.116.11 and above)
- The State of the document when it was checked in (only available in UPK 18.104.22.168 and above)
Displaying the Version History for a document
Displaying a previous version
For Topics, Web Pages, Packages, Questions, and Assessments, you can display any prior version by clicking on the version in the Document History and then clicking on the View button. If necessary you can then save this document version as a new document, without affecting the existing document.
Reverting to an earlier version
You can revert to an earlier version of any document by clicking on the version in the Document History and then clicking on the Revert button. This will create another new version of the document; it will not 'back out' any versions greater than the version reverted to - they will still be available and can, themselves, be reverted to.